Los Angeles Minimum Wage Lawyer
30+ Years of Experience Defending Employee’s Rights
If you or a family member has been working without being paid California minimum wages, you may have a potential lawsuit against your employer. V. James DeSimone is a Los Angeles minimum wage violations attorney who’s been serving Southern California since 1985 and has recovered millions of dollars for his clients. We have a team of highly experienced employment and civil rights attorneys who have handled cases involving:
- Employees required to work more hours than recorded;
- Employees required to “clock out” and continuing to work;
- Employees who start working off-site, but then clock in when they arrive on-site;
- Employees who often work from home, or are required to take calls, without compensation.
- Employees who are not provided meal breaks or rest breaks.
Free consultations available. Call (310) 693-5561 for yours.
California & Los Angeles Minimum Wage Laws
California, Los Angeles County and the City of Los Angeles have specific minimum wage laws set up to protect employees from employers who might take advantage of them by failing to pay the legal minimum wage. If an employer is in Los Angeles County, or the City of Los Angeles they must abide by specific law:
- As of January 2018, the California minimum wage is $10.50 an hour for employers with 26 or more employees, or $11.00 per hour if they have 25 or fewer employees. This rate goes up in 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023.
- As of January 2018, Los Angeles County minimum wage laws require employers with 26 or more employees to pay 13.25 per hour, or $12.00 per hour if they have 25 or fewer employees. This rate goes up in 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022.
- The City of Los Angeles minimum wage schedule is the same as Los Angeles County
*If your primary place of employment is in Los Angeles County, this overrides California State minimum wage law.
Minimum Wage Violations Attorneys Serving Southern California
If you, or if you and your co-workers as a group have not been paid the legal minimum wage as set forth by the State of California or Los Angeles County, you may be eligible to recover lost compensation and possibly a punitive award. The attorneys at V. James DeSimone Law have worked with clients in LA, Orange County, San Bernardino and Riverside and we’d like to discuss the details of your employment and pay history today. Call us today at (310) 693-5561 to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation.
When you need the highest quality counsel to protect your rights as worker, our team is here and ready to help. You can trust that you will always have direct access to your attorney so you can express any concerns you may have. V. James DeSimone Law is a Los Angeles employment law firm that has the experience to represent your needs.