Los Angeles Wrongful Death Lawyer
Begin Today – Call (310) 693-5561
Wrongful death cases arise when a person dies due to the negligence of another. The family of the victim suffer from emotional and financial pain. In this situation, they can file a case against the guilty party to get rightful compensation for the loss.
V. James DeSimone Law is a team of experienced Los Angeles wrongful death attorneys who have an expert legal staff that can help you in getting the compensation for the death of your loved one.
Call (310) 693-5561 today for your free, initial consultation.
WHY Select V. James DeSimone Law for Your Wrongful Death Case?
- Super Lawyer award for 2009-2018 in Los Angeles; Top 100 Super Lawyers, 2014, 2017 and 2018
- More than three decades of experience
- Detailed knowledge of the Los Angeles laws relating to wrongful death
- Free initial review of the case
- Commitment to achieving full compensation whether through settlement or trial
About Wrongful Death Cases
Wrongful death case involves a civil action brought by the relatives of the victim who died due to an intentional action or negligence of another. Generally, a wrongful death case is filed by the immediate family members of the victim that can include the following:
- Parents of the victim
- Surviving spouse in case the victim was married
- Registered domestic partner
- Adult child of the victim
In case the victim had no immediate family members, more distant relatives such as siblings, grandparents, aunts, and uncles can also file a wrongful death case. The court allows a single wrongful death case and if multiple individuals file wrongful death claims, the court consolidates them into a single case.
Important Elements in a Wrongful Death Case
Wrongful death cases have certain key elements. The Los Angeles wrongful death attorneys at V. James DeSimone Law seek to prove that the defendant was guilty of the following important elements:
Negligence — The defendant should have acted in a negligent, careless, reckless, or intentional manner that resulted in the death of the victim.
Causation —The negligence of the defendant was responsible for the death of the victim.
Damages — The death of the victim resulted in losses such as treatment expenses, burial expenses, loss of income, loss of companionship and/or potential inheritance.
Contact the V. James DeSimone Law firm at (310) 693-5561 today to schedule a free, no-obligation case evaluation for wrongful death cases in Los Angeles, CA.
Types of Damages in Wrongful Death Cases
The victim’s family can receive two types of damages in wrongful death cases:
- Punitive Damages: Punitive damages are awarded in case the wrongful death was caused due to the reckless or rash action of the defendant. The aim of punitive damage is to punish the defendant for the actions that resulted in the death of a person.
- Compensatory Damages: Compensatory damages are awarded to cover the emotional and financial losses suffered by the immediate family members. The aim of this type of wrongful death is to compensate the relatives of the victim for the losses suffered due to the death of the loved one. It covers all the expenses including legal, medical and others born by the close family members of the loved one. A professional wrongful death attorney will calculate adequate compensation that reflects the extent of losses suffered by the victim’s loved one.
Why Hiring an Experienced Attorney is Important for a Wrongful Death Case
James DeSimone and his team of attorneys are highly experienced in wrongful death cases, having recovered millions of dollars for families in Los Angeles and throughout California. Every case we accept is a case that we prepare for trial in front of a judge or jury. If your case is eligible, we fully intend to take your matter to trial if we cannot arrive at a settlement that is right for you and your family. We handle wrongful death cases involving:
Utilizing our knowledge and experience related to wrongful death cases, we can help you pursue the maximum compensation for your losses. These losses may include financial, emotional and psychological strain caused due to the death of your loved one. The compensation also covers legal costs and attorney fees that arise due to filing a wrongful death case. This means you do not pay any out of pocket costs until the successful conclusion of your matter.
You should not wait to contact an attorney for a wrongful death case. The California Statute of Limitations allows two years for victims to file a case against the responsible party. You could lose your chance to get compensation for the losses if you fail to file a complaint or lawsuit within that time-frame.
The Los Angeles wrongful death lawyers at V. James DeSimone Law will help you collect evidence that can incriminate the guilty person without any reasonable doubt. The legal professional will interview a witness, visit the accident site, and review CCTV footage if available. You won’t have to worry if you are not able to attend a hearing due to personal commitments. Your lawyer will appear on your behalf in the court.
When you contact our experienced attorneys, we make sure to collect all the facts and evidence surrounding the case. This will ensure that you get the best possible representation for your case and increase the chances of a favorable outcome.
Experienced Wrongful Death Lawyers in Los Angeles, CA
V. James DeSimone Law firm can help you in your wrongful death cases. Our team of legal experts is fully committed to bringing justice to our clients. We go the extra length to ensure that the rights of our clients are protected and fully represented in the court. You can rest assured that you are handling your case in expert hands when you hire our legal attorneys to file a wrongful death case in Los Angeles, CA.
Get in touch with our wrongful death attorneys today.
You can contact us at (310) 693-5561 for a free, no-obligation evaluation of your matter.